The ICICLE monthly community call is December 15th at 12pm ET. We’re excited to have Barish Golland, Senior Learning Technology Specialist, Trinity Western University, Eddie Lin, Data Scientist, Facebook, and Jessie Chuang, co-founder of Wise Ocean and ICICLE Corporate Market Interest Group (MIG) Chair, share ideas from a recent Corporate MIG roundtable on How can L&D turn data into business outcomes? and for upcoming corporate MIG initiatives. At the roundable perspectives on types of metrics corporate learning and development teams track and how to turn that data into actionable insights were discussed.
Special and Market Interest Group Work
The Special and Market Interest Groups develop resources and document experiences for the learning engineering community. All are open to join any group! The SIGs welcome your feedback and input into draft documents that they are currently working on design for and across implementation levels and populations, an instrumentation primer, and data science tasks for learning engineers.
- Higher Education: Higher Education MIG (market interest group) is exploring themes of learning engineering in a higher education context, gathering resources and planning a series of guest speakers. The next meeting is Tuesday January 11th 2022 at 12pm ET. Contact the SIG chair for the Zoom link or be to be added to the calendar invite.
- Competencies: The Competencies, Curriculum, and Credentials SIG has defined data science tasks for learning engineers as part of ICICLE‘s commitment to the Data Science for Everyone‘s campaign. Feedback is welcome. Next set of competencies to review will be on learning design. Competency enthusiasts join the next meeting on Friday January 14th 2022 at 3pm ET. Meeting link is in SIG notes.
- Design: The Design for Learning SIG has discussing what it looks like to design for and across implementation levels and populations. How are you designing and implementing your learning? Contribute your thoughts to the document and join the next meeting on Thursday January 25th 2022 at 2pm ET to talk about all things design. Meeting link is in the Agenda and Meeting Notes.
- Instrumentation: The Tools SIG is working on instrumentation primer paper documenting use cases and data descriptions. What is the right data to collect based your experiences? Share your work with the group at the next meeting on Thursday January 27th 2022 at 2pm ET. Meeting link is in the Agenda and Meeting Notes.
- Corporate: Corporate MIG (market interest group) meets with L&D community regularly. The MIG will share findings and experiences from their recent roundtable, How can L&D turn data into business outcomes? at this month’s community call. Please contact SIG Chair for more information.
Please join the community call on December 15th at 12pm ET for an engaging conversation with Barish Golland, Senior Learning Technology Specialist, Trinity Western University, Eddie Lin, Data Scientist, Facebook, and Jessie Chuang, co-founder of Wise Ocean and ICICLE Corporate Market Interest Group (MIG) Chair, on How can L&D turn data into business outcomes? and upcoming corporate MIG initiatives. We welcome your participation and want to hear from you the work that you are doing in learning engineerin.
We look forward to seeing you at the community call on December 15th!
IEEE ICICLE Chair