On 24 September 2020, the IEEE approved 6 Project Authorization Requests (PARs) for amendments of the IEEE1588-2019. This allows the P1588 Working Group to start working on a number of projects. The approved PARs are as follows
- 1588a: Enhancements for Best Master Clock Algorithm (BMCA) mechanisms
- 1588b: Addition of PTP mapping for transport over Optical Transport Network (OTN)
- 1588c: Clarification of Terminology
- 1588d: Guidelines for selecting and operating a Key Management System
- 1588e: MIB and YANG Data Models
- 1588f: Enhancements for latency and/or asymmetry calibration
If you are interested in any of the topics, you are encouraged to join the P1588 Working Group following the steps described here.