The IEEE P1588 Working Group is charged with the maintenance and any future revisions of the IEEE 1588 Standard for a Precision Clock Synchronization Protocol for Networked Measurement and Control Systems also known at Precision Time Protocol (PTP).
Sponsored by the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society, Technical Committee on Sensor Technology (TC-9).
- The P1588 Working Group has been working with the IEEE Editor on preparing a new edition of IEEE 1588 for publication. The revision was approved by the IEEE-SA Standards Board in November of 2019. The new edition is named IEEE Std 1588-2019, and is published on June 16, 2020.
- Six Project Authorization Requests (PARs) for amendments to IEEE Std 1588-2019 have been submitted and approved by the Sponsor. They are awaiting IEEE-SA NesCom approval in September.
Various PAR Study Groups have been charged to provide information and specific to come up with amendment PARs for IEEE Std 1588-2019. Each P1588 Subcommittee consist of a subset of P1588 WG members that are interested in the specific aspect. The P1588 Subcommittees prepare and recommend proposals for consideration by the P1588 WG.
Content of the page:
- Join the Working Group
- Contact the Working Group (submit errors or ask questions about standard, stay informed, …)
- Members of the Working Groups
- Learn about the IEEE 1588 standard (tutorials, white papers, presentations, conferences, application use cases)
- List of PTP Profiles
- Documents (inc. policies and procedures, approved PARs)
P1588 Working Group Officers
I&M Society TC-9 Sponsor
IEEE Staff Liaison
Contact to P1588 Officers