Title: Standard for Age Appropriate Digital Services Framework
Scope: This standard is the first in a family of standards focused on the 5Rights principles, and establishes a framework for developing age appropriate digital services for situations where users are children. The framework encompasses the following key areas:
- recognition that the user is a child
- has considered the capacity and upholds the rights of children
- offers terms appropriate to children
- presents information in an age appropriate way and
- thereby offers a level of validation for service design decisions.
The standard provides a specific impact rating system and evaluation criteria, and sets out how vendors, public institutions and the educational sector can meet the criteria.
Prof Katina Michael, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof Ali Hessami & Baroness Beeban Kidron
Gisele Waters, Ph.D.