Standards Committee: EMB Standards Committee, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
Standards Committee Chair: Carole C. Carey firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Standard for a Unified Terminology for Brain-Computer Interfaces
Scope: The standard establishes terminologies and definitions used in the description of Brain-Computer Interfaces.
Three main areas are covered:
- The terminology: a BCI Glossary will be created to provide a clear explanation to all stakeholders of the BCI terminology which is sometimes misused, ambiguous or difficult to comprehend by some stakeholders (e.g. users vs. neurologists vs. engineers).
- A common a well defined Functional Model of BCIs, so that all BCIs could be described according to it.
- Data sharing: what information should be stored into files? Different file formats are available for storing BCI data, but they often miss fundamental information so that it is impossible to mix datasets from different databases, thus limiting progress.
How to join/get information relative to the WG
If you would like to participate in the IEEE P2731 Working Group there are two options:
- subscribe to the Listserv by sending an email to ListServ@ieee.org. Please be sure to include the following text in your email.
- Subject: stds-P2731
- Body: subscribe stds-P2731 YourFirstName YourLastName;
- you can send an email to email@example.com (either for getting info or for asking to participate). In this last case, please include your full name and affiliation, as well as a few lines to describe your interest and area(s) of expertise. Finally, you can choose among three different WG participation levels: member, non-voting member, or observer.
Luigi Bianchi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carole Carey, email@example.com
Pradeep Balachandran, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Thompson, email@example.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.