IEEE 3079 Working Group (Human Factors for Immersive Content WG)
※ WG Structure
※ IEEE P3079: HMD based VR Sickness Reducing Technology ( PAR )
Scope: This standard is setting a technical guidance to resolve Virtual Reality (VR) sickness caused by the visual mechanism of the head mounted display (HMD) through the study of:
– visual response to the focal distortion
– visual response to the lens materials
– visual response to the lens refraction ratio
– visual response to the frame rate
※ IEEE P3079.1: Motion to Photon (MTP) Latency in Virtual Environments (PAR )
Scope: This standard specifies the requirements and test methods for the motion to photon (MTP) latency that causes virtual reality (VR) sickness while people are using the virtual reality content. This standard is applicable to VR content related with software, hardware, and human factors regarding MTP latency.
※ IEEE P3079.2: Mixed Reality Standard Framework for Motion Learning (PAR )
Scope: This standard defines a framework for mixed reality content aimed at effectively motion learning
– Terms & Definition
– Requirements for framework
– User’s motion acquisition method
– Synchronizing coordinate system of motion sensor and projector
– Application programming interfaces
– User Interface for interaction method
※ IEEE P3079.3: Framework for Evaluating the Quality of Digital Humans (PAR )
Scope: This standard provides a framework for the evaluation of the quality of digital humans. This framework evaluates the realism of digital humans used in immersive content services.
The framework includes:
– A set of cognitive-psychological factors that defines how users feel the realism of a digital human.
– Definitions of metadata that describe the quality of a digital human.
– A procedure to evaluate the quality of a digital human.
Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures for:
※ IEEE P3079.2.1: Standard for a Basic Framework for Motion Training (PAR )
Scope: This standard defines basic framework within the overall architectural
framework for motion training system. This standard includes definitions for the functions and input/output
interfaces of each component module, and the related data components and formats. By utilizing this standard
basic framework, various application-specific user interface/user experience (UI/UX) and service frameworks are
The meaning of "motion training" includes:
- Human gestures and postures
- Animated human gestures and postures
- Expressions of human body animation for Virtual Reality (VR) and Mixed Reality (MR)