The scope of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society Traction Power Systems Standards Committee (VT/TPSSC) includes functions and components within the IEEE interests, including, but not limited to:
- Traction Power Substations, Equipment, and Control/Automation Systems
- Wayside Energy Storage Systems
- Rail Potential Management
- Traction Power System Load Flow Simulation and Analysis
- Traction Power System Stray Current and Corrosion Mitigation
- Traction Power System and Equipment Enclosure Grounding
- Traction Power System Testing
- Carhouse/Shop Traction and Auxiliary Power Systems
The TPSSC is working on developing new standards, recommended practices, and guides; coordinating with other organizations such as APTA and AREMA and within IEEE; providing up-to-date information on professional activities of interest to the electrified rail and transit industry; and soliciting recommendations, ideas and suggestions that would improve industry practices. The TPSSS meets bi-annually at various transit properties in the United States and Canada. The TPSSC consist of electrified transit and railway industry leaders in the public and private sectors dedicated to writing national consensus standards, recommended practices, and guides which will govern manufacturing, supply, installation, testing, commissioning, and operation of traction power systems.
The Traction Power Systems Standards Committee (TPSSC) is in its nineteenth year of operation since it was formed in 2002. It was formerly a sub-committee and has recently been elevated to its own committee within the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (VTS).
Working Group Officers
There are no upcoming events at this time.