Challenge for secure and trusted learning systems
This annual Student Challenge is supported by the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA), Industrial Electronics Society (IES) and Computer Society (CS) that give students the opportunity to apply their knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, Programming, and web design for trusted and secure platforms, webs and applications.
Areas of development
- Web browser Forensic tool to monitor events in application.
- Virtual Router.
- Secure repository of educational content.
- Validation of identity of student in a Synchronous Online Educational session.
- Classroom secure gadgets for the classroom (smartboard, clickers).
- AR and VR tools to facilitate visualization of Concepts.
1st prize – 3000$
2nd prize – 2000$
3rd prize – 1000$
The deadline is 25 September
In this phase, the teams and individual students can upload their ideas/project for the security and trusted systems or platforms.
- A zip file containing a max 10 pages document in .pdf format with the explanation about how to implement the solution for the Secure and Trusted Platforms/Systems, including pictures, graphs, methods, code, etc. Describe the idea, the solution, the innovation, market relevance and the impact it will have in the society.
- Be currently studying
- Be studying Bachelor’s degree level, Master’s and PhD level
- Accept to be part of the P2834 – Standards for Secure and Trusted Learning Systems Working Group.
- Provide a valid email address
- The submission should be in English.
Competing teams can draw support during the competition from tutors
- Responsible for registering their teams into the competition
- Must not actively participate in the team’s decision-making process
- One tutor may accompany their team to the finals to provide support, but must continue to not actively participate in the team’s decision-making process
- Students will have mentors from the P2834 WG and from IDEA UPV in all aspects of the competition (technical and .
The top 10 teams or individuals will be announced on 30 of September. They will be invited to participate in a 2 days challenge on 14 and 15 of November in the Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Spain.
Criterias for the final Competition
- The P2834 WG reserves the right to modify or amend the rules or terms and conditions of the challenge at any time. Any changes will be published on the website and communicated to all participants.
- Finalists must be available to travel abroad and participate in the finals.
- Failure to comply with any rules, terms and conditions of the challenge may result in the participating teams’ disqualification and/or the forfeit of the team’s prize. The prize will then be awarded to another team.
- Students will have mentors from the P2834 WG and from IDESA UPV in all aspects of the competition.
Submissions must follow the requirements of the Challenge Terms and Conditions. Submissions will be judge following criterias:
On the Phase1 the proposals will be evaluated based on:
- innovation and the potential of the idea.
- the plan of the implementation.
- the impact
On the Phase 2 the teams will be evaluated based on the Elevator Pitch:
- The innovation.
- the impact.
- the team.
- the communication.
How to send my proposal?
- Send your proposal through the following email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the template for your proposal: PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
How will I be notified?
- Winners will be notified by email through the email that was registered.
Where is the final Challenge?
- The final Challenge will be in the Universitat Politecnica de Valencia. The exact place will be announced.
Should I bring my equipment?
- Participants can use their equipments, if necessary the organizers can provide special equipments (participants should inform about in the 1st Phase)