This section provides summary information intended to help interested individuals identify the correct type of membership for themselves. More detailed information will be provided at meetings and the authoritative documents are linked in the next section.
Individuals may engage with the P7131 working group in one of the roles below, each followed by summary notes:
- Participant: Anyone who has an interest may attend meetings and is called a participant or a follower once they do so.
- Member: A participant may become a member by asking the chair and satisfying certain requirements. The benefit of membership is that a member will become a voting member based on certain conditions, such as attending two of the last four meetings. There are other conditions.
- Voting member: A voting member may cast a vote. Note that a ballot is not the same as a vote.
- Officer: To become an officer and to participate in ballots requires membership in the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA).
Registering interest in the working group will put you on an email list with meeting announcements and information pertinent to the group’s activities. To register:
- Log in to the myProject system
- Use IEEE login credentials if you have them
- Otherwise, click ‘Create Account’ to make a free account
- Click on the ‘Menu’ icon at the top of the page and go to the ‘Manage Profile and Interests’ page
- Click on the ‘Interests’ tab, click on the ‘Add Groups’ and search for ‘P7131’ or ‘Quantum Computing Benchmarking Working Group.’ Click on the button in the ‘Groups I am Interested In’ column to indicate interest in the group
- Indicate whether you want to follow or participate in the activity and declare your affiliation
To participate as an officer and participate in ballots, you must be an IEEE-SA member, which can be obtained in two ways:
- become an IEEE member with IEEE-SA membership specified
- become a IEEE-SA member without becoming an IEEE member (which costs less then the previous option)
The policies and procedures of the QCB-WG and P7131 are in the document https://sagroups.ieee.org/1666/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/01/CSAB-SC_Common_Individual_20210412.doc.
The document above is the last document on the page https://sagroups.ieee.org/csabsc/resources/, operated by IEEE-SA (policies and procedures for working groups based on individual membership).
A membership list will be appear here after the first meeting