Interoperability Sub Working Group
The IEEE P2145 Interoperability Sub Working Group’s intent is to identify and share a common vocabulary for Governance Interoperability terms across public, private, permissioned, permissionless, and hybrid blockchain and distributed ledger ecosystems.
We are also aligned with ISO Work Group 1 (Foundations), Work Group 5 (Governance) and Study Group 7 (Interoperability).
This sub working group is focused on identifying, categorizing, and otherwise organizing the expression of elements and practices that constitute a structured approach to describing interoperability among entities in which at least one participating entity is a blockchain or distributed ledger system.
Our work uses the holistic approach to Blockchain Governance proposed by the P2145 Governance Framework SWG, addressing Governance across different aspects of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger systems including technology stack, business domains, and system development life cycle among others.
The framework is intended to be used by practitioners involved in developing methods of interoperability between elements on the same chain, across different chains, interactions with non-blockchain/DLT elements, and external sources of truth and other events.
Join us and contribute to create this Practitioner’s Guide for Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Interoperability!
- Michael Solomon, PhD Computer Science, University of the Cumberlands, USA, Chair
- Brian Reginald Dennehy, Uniscon GmbH
- Jacques Bikoundou, Data Scientist, USA
- Pierre Marie Ntang, Université du Québec (TELUQ), Canada
- Rahim Rahmani, PhD Computer Science, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Sofia Tsekeridou, PhD, Security Expert, INTRASOFT International, Greece
- Tom Fuhrman, IEEE Life Member, VECTORmv LLC, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, and Cybersecurity Consultant, USA
- Savita Farooqui, IEEE Governance Framework, SymSoft Solutions, USA
- Denise McCurdy, IEEE Governance, PhD in Blockchain Governance, GSU, Grove Gate Consulting, USA
- Nitish Bharadwaj, Reliance Jio, India
Membership and Involvement
To be part of this subgroup, you must be a member of the IEEE P2145 Working Group. If you wish to join, please register by clicking on the button below.
Once you have registered, please reach out to Dr. Michael Solomon to participate in subgroup activities.