Overview of IEEE DCSC
The IEEE Computer Society Data Compression Standards Committee (DCSC) is responsible for managing the developing of standards within the technical area of data compression and its associated applications, including without limitation data compression algorithms, data compression metrics, transmission methods, and cybersecurity issues related to data compression. The Data Compression Standards Committee Policy & Procedures was approved in the SASB meeting in Sept.05, 2019. The secretariat of DCSC is located in Peng Cheng Laboratory, No.2, Xingke One Street, Nanshan, Shenzhen, China.
Although DCSC was only officially established in 2019, the initial members of the committee have extensive experience in developing data compression standards, as they mainly came from 1857 Working Group .
Since 2012, The working group has successively developed dozens of audio and video coding standards, and its standards have been widely used in the industry and have a greater global influence. 1857WG has been officially sponsored by DCSC, since the establishment of the committee.
Welcome to visit our subgroups’ pages to explore more details about our work:
- P1857 Audio Video Coding Working Group
- P2941 AI Model Representation, Compression, Distribution and Management Working Group
- P1857.11 Sub-working Group (Formerly Future Video Coding Study Group)
- P3122 Intelligent Data Processing and Compression for Internet of Things Working Group
- P3161 Digital Retina Systems Working Group
- P3184 Data Framework for Autonomous Driving Working Group
- P3366 Volumetric Data Compression Working Group
- P3404 Data and Model of Multiple Computing Centers Working Group
Our online documentary is on iMeetcentral (member only): check