DySPAN Standards Committee (DySPAN-SC)
IEEE Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks Standards Committee
Purpose: The Sponsor develops standards related to spectrum sharing and dynamic spectrum access networks or cognitive technologies applied to wireless radios, networks, and spectrum dependent systems. The focus is on improved use of spectrum. Topics in scope include (but are not limited to) access techniques, techniques to control interference, networking, network services, and network management particularly as they relate to wireless networks.
How to Participate in DySPAN-SC?
If you wish to participate in the work of this IEEE Standards Committee, please follow these steps:
1. Go to: http://development.standards.ieee.org,
2. Log in with your IEEE user name and password, making sure “myProject” is selected in the drop-down box,
3. Click “Manage Activity Profile”,
4. Click the “+” next to “IEEE Communications Society”,
5. Click the check box next to “Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks Standards Committee”,
6. Click “CONTINUE”,
7. Enter your affiliation,
8. Confirm the prompt on the next page.
After following these steps, you will be added to the mailing list and will be kept updated on future meetings, and other activities.
Call for Proposals for New Standards
The IEEE Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks Standards Committee (DySPAN-SC) is seeking proposals for standards projects in the areas of dynamic spectrum access, cognitive radio, interference management, coordination of wireless systems, advanced spectrum management, and policy languages for next generation radio systems. DySPAN-SC is particularly interested in ideas that could be implemented in commercial products in the near to medium term.
Scope of the Standards Committee
The scope of the DySPAN-SC includes the following:
- Dynamic spectrum access radio systems and networks with the focus on improved use of spectrum,
- New techniques and methods of dynamic spectrum access including the management of radio transmission interference, and
- Coordination of wireless technologies including network management and information sharing amongst networks deploying different wireless technologies.
Additional Information: Responsibilities of IEEE DySPAN-SC
Standards Committee Contacts
Oliver Holland (IEEE DySPAN-SC Chair)
Stephen Berger (IEEE DySPAN-SC Vice-Chair)
Alex Lackpour (IEEE DySPAN-SC Secretary)
Lynn Grande (IEEE DySPAN-SC Treasurer)
Working Group Contacts
Francesco Benedetto (IEEE 1900.1 Working Group Chair)
Stephen Berger (IEEE 1900.2 Working Group Chair)
Masayuki Ariyoshi (IEEE 1900.4 Working Group Chair)
John Stine (IEEE 1900.5 Working Group Chair)
Oliver Holland (IEEE 1900.6 Working Group Chair)
Apurva Mody (IEEE 1900.7 Working Group Acting Chair)
Alex Lackpour (IEEE 1900.8 Working Group Chair)