ICICLE February 2022 Community Call with Dr. Muffie Wiebe Waterman, Learning Scientist
The ICICLE monthly community call is February 16th at 12pm ET. We’re excited to have Dr. Muffie Waterman, Learning Scientist, Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility, Cisco Systems, Inc. She works with the Cisco Networking Academy, which has offered IT and cybersecurity courses in 181 countries since 1997 and supports Skills For All, the latest advancement in Cisco’s purpose to power an inclusive digital future and empower people with career opportunities. Muffie will provide general overview of Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility programs, focus in on their learning initiatives, and drill down how Cisco Networking Academy’s Learning Engineering team creates a pathway to new skills.
Special and Market Interest Group Work
The Special and Market Interest Groups develop resources and document experiences for the learning engineering community. All are open to join any group!
- Design: What process do you use to design learning? Talk about designing and implementing across levels and populations in the Design for Learning SIG on Tuesday, February 22nd 2022 at 2pm ET. Meeting link is in the Agenda and Meeting Notes.
- Instrumentation: What learning data do you gather and analyze?The Tools SIG is documenting use cases and data descriptions for learning experiences. Share ideas about learning data on Thursday, February 24nd 2022 at 2pm ET. Meeting link is in the Agenda and Meeting Notes.
- Corporate: Corporate MIG (market interest group) meets with L&D community regularly. The SIG will meet on Friday, February 25th at 11am ET. Please contact SIG Chair for more information.
- Higher Education: Higher Education MIG (market interest group) next meeting is Tuesday, March 1st 2022 at 12pm ET to explore themes of learning engineering in a higher education context. Contact the SIG chair for the Zoom link or be to be added to the calendar invite.
- Competencies: The Competencies, Curriculum, and Credentials SIG will be developing competencies on learning design and recently defined data science tasks for learning engineers. Competency enthusiasts join the next meeting on Friday, March11th 2022 at 3pm ET. Meeting link is in SIG notes.
Please join the community call on February16th at 12pm ET to meet Dr. Muffie Waterman, learning scientist, from Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility, Cisco Systems. Learn about Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility learning initiatives and down how Cisco Networking Academy’s Learning Engineering team creates a pathway to new skills.
We welcome your participation and want to hear from you the work that you are doing. We look forward to seeing you at the community call on February 16th!