What is ICICLE?
IEEE ICICLE is a volunteer professional organization committed to the development of Learning Engineering as a profession and as an academic discipline. ICICLE is part of the IEEE Standards Association’s (IEEE-SA) Industry Connections (IC) program. ICICLE stands for IC Industry Consortium on Learning Engineering.
Monthly meetings are the third Wednesday of the month. The next meeting is Wednesday 17 November 2021 at 12 pm ET here.
Monthly SIG meetings are as follows. Links for each SIG has meeting info.
- Competencies, Credentials and Curriculum SIG is Friday, November 12th at 3pm ET
- Corporate MIG (Market Interest Group) Round Table is Friday November 5th at 10am ET.
- Design SIG is Tuesday, November 30th at 2pm ET
- Higher Ed MIG (Market Interest Group is Tuesday, November 2nd at 12pm ET. Contact SIG chair for meeting info.
- Tools SIG is Thursday, November 18th at 2pm ET
What is Learning Engineering?
Learning Engineering is a process and practice that applies the learning sciences using human-centered engineering design methodologies and data-informed decision making to support learners and their development.
What does ICICLE do?
ICICLE has convened over 60 organizations to provide definition and guidance for the development of Learning Engineering. ICICLE’s SIGs hold monthly meetings (third Wednesday each month at 12:00 ET), participants present at a wide range of conferences, and we gather annually to discuss the state of Learning Engineering.
Originally, ICICLE began in 2017 with the objective to deliver:
- a set of technical resources for Learning Engineers
- a Conference on Learning Engineering
- a white paper defining Learning Engineering
Those original objectives evolved into an entire suite of opportunities for Learning Engineers to explore the range of technical, scientific, and policy matters concerning the profession; a conference series; and a Proceedings documenting the state of the art.
As ICICLE continues to support the growth and development of Learning Engineering, it will continue to conduct symposia and conferences as well as opportunities for publication and learning industry connections.
Sign up for the IEEE ICICLE mailing list to keep up with everything related to the Consortium, the International Conference on Learning Engineering, our Proceedings and open source resources, and the work being done in the ICICLE SIGs. Together, let’s define and support the profession of Learning Engineering.