What is ICICLE?
IEEE ICICLE is a volunteer professional organization committed to the development of Learning Engineering as a profession and as an academic discipline. ICICLE is part of the IEEE Standards Association’s (IEEE-SA) Industry Connections (IC) program. ICICLE stands for IC Industry Consortium on Learning Engineering.
Monthly SIG meetings are as follows. The list is in order of the dates. Click on link for each SIG for meeting info/link, notes, and agendas.
- Tools SIG meets on the last Thursday of the month at 2 pm. The meeting scheduled for Thursday, January 26th at 2pm ET has been cancelled.
- Design SIG meets on last Tuesday of the month at 2 pm ET. The next meeting is Tuesday, January 31st at 2pm ET.
- Higher Ed MIG (Market Interest Group) meets the first Tuesday of the month at 12pm ET. The next meeting is February 7th at 12pm ET.
- K-12 Market Interest Group is meeting Wednesday, February 8th at 12pm ET.
- Students and Grads SIG is meeting Wednesday, February 8th at 4pm ET.
- Competencies, Credentials and Curriculum SIG meets on the second Friday at 3 pm ET. The next meeting is Friday, February 17th at 3pm ET.
- Corporate MIG (Market Interest Group) meets on the last Friday of the month at 11am ET. Next meeting is March 24th at 11am ET. Contact SIG chair for meeting link.
What is Learning Engineering?
Learning Engineering is a process and practice that applies the learning sciences using human-centered engineering design methodologies and data-informed decision making to support learners and their development.
What does ICICLE do?
Since its inception in 2017 ICICLE has evolved into a suite of opportunities for Learning Engineers to explore the range of technical, scientific, and policy matters around learning engineering as a process, practice and profession.
ICICLE holds monthly meetings (third Wednesday each month at 12:00 ET) where we engage with guest speakers who share their work in or related to learning engineering. Special Interest Groups on Design, Competencies and Curriculum, Tools, Higher Education and Corporate meet monthly to exchange ideas to apply and implement learning engineering and develop tools. ICICLE regularly participates on learning conferences across academia, government, industry and non-profit to talk about how learning engineering process improves and enhances learning experiences. Two learning engineering conferences have been held. The first learning engineering conference was in 2019 with participants across sectors to discuss the trends across the field and the second in 2022.
Sign up for the IEEE ICICLE mailing list to keep up with everything related to the Consortium, the International Conference on Learning Engineering, and the work being done in the ICICLE SIGs. Together, let’s define and support the profession of Learning Engineering.