What is ICICLE?
IEEE ICICLE is a volunteer professional organization committed to the development of Learning Engineering as a profession and as an academic discipline. ICICLE is part of the IEEE Standards Association’s (IEEE-SA) Industry Connections (IC) program. ICICLE stands for IC Industry Consortium on Learning Engineering.
Monthly SIG meetings are as follows. Links for each SIG has meeting info.
- Higher Ed MIG (Market Interest Group) meets the first Tuesday at 12pm ET. The next meeting is December 6th. Contact SIG chair for meeting info.
- Students and Grads SIG is meeting Wednesday, December 7th at 4pm ET. Contact SIG co-chair for meeting info.
- Competencies, Credentials and Curriculum SIG meets on the second Friday at 3 pm ET. The next meeting is Friday, December 16th.
- Design SIG next meeting is Tuesday, December 20th at 2pm ET. It is usually on last Tuesday of the month at 2 pm ET but for this month due to the holidays.
- Corporate MIG (Market Interest Group) meets the last Friday of the month at 11am ET. Contact SIG chair for meeting link.
- K-12 Market Interest Group is meeting Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 at 12pm ET. Contact MIG co-chair for meeting info.
- Tools SIG meets the last Thursday of the month at 2 pm. The next meeting Thursday, January 26th, 2023 at 2pm ET (one week earlier).
What is Learning Engineering?
Learning Engineering is a process and practice that applies the learning sciences using human-centered engineering design methodologies and data-informed decision making to support learners and their development.
What does ICICLE do?
Since its inception in 2017 ICICLE has evolved into a suite of opportunities for Learning Engineers to explore the range of technical, scientific, and policy matters around learning engineering as a process, practice and profession.
ICICLE holds monthly meetings (third Wednesday each month at 12:00 ET) where we engage with guest speakers who share their work in or related to learning engineering. Special Interest Groups on Design, Competencies and Curriculum, Tools, Higher Education and Corporate meet monthly to exchange ideas to apply and implement learning engineering and develop tools. ICICLE regularly participates on learning conferences across academia, government, industry and non-profit to talk about how learning engineering process improves and enhances learning experiences. Two learning engineering conferences have been held. The first learning engineering conference was in 2019 with participants across sectors to discuss the trends across the field and the second in 2022.
Sign up for the IEEE ICICLE mailing list to keep up with everything related to the Consortium, the International Conference on Learning Engineering, and the work being done in the ICICLE SIGs. Together, let’s define and support the profession of Learning Engineering.