IEEE ICICLE Special Interest Groups & Market Interest Groups (SIGs & MIGs)
ICICLE supports a variety of SIGs and MIGs that are integral to the community’s success in developing and supporting the field of Learning Engineering. All of ICICLE’s SIG and MIG activities are open to the public and we welcome wide participation. To sign up for a SIG or MIG, please contact one of the chairs below to indicate your interest and get on the list to receive communications.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) – 2022
Design for Learning SIG: Multidisciplinary SIG for discussing and building examples/cases of human-centered design work within the learning engineering process framework and across implementation levels.
- Chair: Aaron Kessler (email@example.com)
- Meeting cadence: last Tuesday of the month at 2pm ET
Competencies, Credentialing, Curriculum SIG: A group that focuses on identifying competency-related frameworks, technologies, and standards relevant to the environments and tools with which learning engineers work.
- Chair: Jim Goodell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meeting cadence: 2nd Friday of the month at 3pm ET
Tools/Instrumentation SIG: A group that focuses on identifying and categorizing tools used in learning engineering, including identifying tools that help solve learning engineering problems and tools for collecting and analyzing data.
- Chair: Erin Czerwinski (email@example.com)
- Meeting cadence: last Thursday of the month at 2pm ET
Students & Grads SIG: *new* A forum for mutual mentorship and career development for learning engineering and applied learning sciences students, prospective students, and recent graduates from other learning engineering-adjacent programs.
- Co-Chairs: Lauren Totino (firstname.lastname@example.org), Janet Kolodner
- Meeting cadence: 2nd Wednesday of the month at 4pm ET
Market Interest Groups (MIGs) – 2022
Higher Education MIG: Multidisciplinary MIG for anyone involved in or adjacent to higher education, interested in the applications of learning engineering for quality education, instructional design, and research-informed analytics/improvement.
- Chair: Emily Marasco (email@example.com)
- Meeting cadence: 1st Tuesday of the month at 12pm ET
pK-12 MIG: *new* Group for anyone involved in or adjacent to pK-12, interested in the applications of learning engineering for quality education, instructional design, and research-informed analytics/improvement.
- Chair: Michael Jay (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meeting cadence: 2nd Wednesday of the month at 12pm ET
Corporate MIG: Group for learning and development leaders to discuss and build awareness of technologies for corporate learning projects, focusing on bridging the gap between IEEE standards and enterprise learning industry through building case studies.
- Co-Chairs: Jessie Chuang (email@example.com), Brandt Dargue
- Meeting cadence: last Friday of the month at 11am ET