ICICLE December 14th 2022 Community Call with with Jim Goodell and an update on Learning Engineering Toolkit
The ICICLE monthly community call is December 14th at 12pm ET. The call has been moved up to this week because of the holidays. Jim Goodell, co-editor of the Learning Engineering Toolkit, will share his experiences and updates on the toolkit. He’s been promoting the book and exploring learning engineering with a range of audiences. Join the call to hear what Jim has learned.
How are you applying learning engineering? We want you to listen to your stories how you are adapting the Learning Engineering Toolkit and putting learning engineering into practice.
Thanks to all of you it’s been a great year for ICICLE with the conference, the launch of the toolkit, participation across many conferences and sharing your discoveries and lessons how to design and implement learning engineering initiatives. We are grateful for your commitment to building the ICICLE community, contributing to the community calls, SIGs and MIGs, and championing learning engineering. We look forward to continuing this trajectory in 2023!
Special and Market Interest Group Work
The Special and Market Interest Groups develop resources and document experiences for the learning engineering community. Everyone is welcome to join one, two or all the SIGs and MIGs.
Please check website home page for updates to meeting days and times.
- Design: The Design for Learning SIG is meeting on Tuesday, December 20th at 2 pm.
- Students and Grads: The Students and Grads of Learning Engineering SIG will be meeting Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 at 4pm ET. Meeting link is in Agenda and Notes. Contact SIG co-chair for more information.
- K-12: There is no K-12 Market Interest Group in December. The next meeting will be Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 at 12pm ET. Contact SIG chair for meeting link.
- Competencies: The Competencies, Curriculum, and Credentials SIG will be meeting on Friday, January 13th, 2023 at 3 pm ET to discuss competency domains.
- Tools/Instrumentation: The Tools SIG will be meeting on Thursday, January 26th, 2023 at 2pm to discuss instrumentation and learning data.
- Corporate: Corporate MIG (market interest group) works with L&D community on how to adapt the learning engineering process. The SIG will meet on January 27th, 2023 at 11am ET. Contact SIG Chair for more information.
- Higher Education: The next meeting for the Higher Education MIG (market interest group) is not meeting in January 2023. The next meeting is Tuesday, February 7th, 2023 at 12pm ET, exploring themes of learning engineering in a higher education context. Contact the SIG chair for meeting link
Let’s keep talking about learning engineering in-between community calls. Post in our Linkedin group or send an email with your update to put in this newsletter. We want to hear about the amazing work that you do!
We look forward to seeing you at the community call on December 14th with Jim Goodell, co-editor of the Learning Engineering Toolkit, and at monthly SIG and MIG meetings. We’ll be meeting via Webex for the community call. (See details below with meeting code and password.) It is scheduled for one hour’s length. Full agenda will be posted here.
Wishing you happy holidays and a healthy new year!