The ICICLE monthly community call is November 17th at 12pm ET. We’ll be meeting via Webex (See details below with meeting code and password). The call is scheduled for one hour’s length. Full agenda will be posted here.
Learning Engineering Resources
Check out these resources that discuss a learning engineering definition, process, profession and practice:
- Toward a Definition for learning engineering and other sections in ICICLE 2019 Conference Proceedings
- Carnegie Mellon University Open Learning Institute‘s Simon Approach to Learning Engineering
- Bridging learning research and teaching practice for the public. The learning engineer, Candace Thille (2016)
- From the science of learning (and development) to learning engineering, Melina R. Uncapher (2018)
- High-Leverage Opportunities for Learning Engineering, Ryan S. Baker and Ulrich Boser (2021)
Learning Engineering, Learning Analytics and AI Events
Upcoming events to network, explore and learn:
- Learning Engineering Networking Event organized by The Learning Agency to connect with the learning engineering community and share ideas, November 23th at 12:00PM ET
- UNICEF Global Forum on AI for Children, November 30th-December 1st
- Empowering Learners for the Age of AI conference is organized by team representing leading researchers in the role of data, analytics and AI in learning, December 6th-8th
- Society for Learning Analytics Research webinar, Where Learning Analytics and Artificial Intelligence meet, December 14th at 9AM ET
SIGs meet monthly. All are welcome at anytime.
- Design SIG will meet on Tuesday, November 30th at 2pm ET to talk about all things design. Meeting link is in the Agenda and Meeting Notes.
- Tools SIG will not meet this month. The SIG is working on instrumentation primer paper. Information is in the Agenda and Meeting Notes.
- Corporate MIG (market interest group) meets with L&D community regularly. Please contact SIG Chair for more information.
- Higher Education MIG (market interest group) is now active! The next meeting is December 7th at 12pm ET. Contact the SIG chair for the Zoom link or be to be added to the calendar invite.
- Competencies, Curriculum, and Credentials SIG will meet on Friday, December 10th. Meeting link is in SIG notes. The SIG is in the process of defining data science competencies within learning engineering as part of ICICLE‘s commitment to the Data Science for Everyone‘s campaign. Please join the SIG meeting or contact the SIG chair with your recommendations.
We look forward to seeing you at the community call on November 17th!
IEEE ICICLE Chair