2022 ICICLE Conference on Learning Engineering
26-28 July 2022
Join us in-person at Samberg Conference Center, MIT Campus, Cambridge, MA US
Do you have a deep desire to help people learn? Do you have a driving desire to help people reach their full potential and enjoy the new opportunities that learning will bring to their lives?
Join us for an engaging gathering with a diverse group of professionals to deepen your understanding of learning engineering processes and practices. This in-person conference will launch an exciting new book on learning engineering, the Learning Engineering Toolkit. This book will frame the themes of our interactive sessions through which participants will develop a shared understanding of the learning engineering process, core concepts, and breadth of applicability. All participants will receive a copy of this book with registration.
What can you expect from ICICLE 2022?
- Engage with people in your own field and from other specialties that are also passionate about learning.
- Hear and tell stories about how learning engineering is used to improve learning outcomes in a variety of contexts.
- Build your professional network.
- Brainstorm ideas for improving your own skills.
Who should attend?
Prospective attendees may include professionals and teams doing learning engineering work from different fields, such as:
- Educators in K-12, higher education, workplace/corporate training, military training, and continuing education
- Instructional designers, learning designers, learning experience designers
- Learning scientists and researchers
- Software engineers and platform developers
- Data scientists
Schedule at a Glance*
|LE Process||LE is Data Informed Part 2|
|Defining Challenge Activity||Analytics Activity|
|LE Is Interdisciplinary||Learner Motivation|
|Team Forming Challenge||Community Next Steps & Close|
|Welcome & Objectives||Lunch|
|How Do You Define Learning Engineering?||LE is Human Centered|
|Tools Exploration Activity||Design Thinking Activity|
|Break||LE is Engineering|
|LE Applies Learning Sciences||Break|
|Apply Learning Sciences Activity||Control Systems/Feedback Loop Activity|
|Day Recap & Preview of Day 2||LE is Data Informed Part 1 – Instrumentation|
|Reception/Network (5:30pm – ?)||Day Recap & Preview of Day 3|
* Subject to change. All sessions are in-person only.
Ends June 1st
June 2nd onwards
|IEEE Members |
(includes Student Members
and IEEE Life Members)
(includes Student Non-Members)
The conference will be held at the Samberg Conference Center at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (50 Memorial Drive, Cambridge MA). For information about local hotels, dining, and transportation, check out the following:
- Transportation – Getting to and Around Campus
- Hotels – Preferred hotels and map of area hotels for July 26-28
- Food – Where to eat
- Other visitor info – MIT Visitor FAQ and Around Town Tips from Samberg