ICICLE June 15th 2022 Community Call with Sree Sankaranarayanan, Research Scientist in Human and Machine Learning at Amazon
The ICICLE monthly community call is June 15th at 12pm ET. We’re excited that Sree Sankaranarayanan, a Research Scientist in Human and Machine Learning at Amazon and a Ph.D. candidate at the Language Technologies Institute of Carnegie Mellon University will be be joining us. He served as the founding co-chair of the International Learning Sciences Student Association (ILSSA). His dissertation research focuses on building AI-facilitated collaborative programming activities at scale, for higher education and vocational learning contexts, which he is extending to the workplace learning context at Amazon. He will be talking about the role of learning engineering in these different learning contexts.
ICICLE Conference on Learning Engineering 26-28 July 2022, MIT Campus, Boston, MA USA
We’re excited to see you at the in-person 2022 ICICLE Conference on Learning Engineering. There’s still time to register! The conference is 26th-28th July 2022 onsite only at the Samberg Conference Center at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, MA, USA.
The Learning Engineering Toolkit, a new book on learning engineering, will be launched. Registration includes a copy of the book, four meals and interactive sessions with on learning sciences, design, engineering, data, ethics, motivation and more.
Register today to connect with learning professionals in-person around learning engineering! You don’t want to miss it!
Learning about Learning Engineering
The LearnLab at Carnegie Mellon University is offering 15 self-paced continuing education learning engineering certificate courses based on their Masters of Educational Technology and Applied Learning Science (METALS) curriculum. Check out LearnLab’s Learning Engineering and Seminar Series.
The Learning Engineering and Practice Group (LEAP) at MIT is applying design and systems principles to solving challenges in learning and develops learning experiences to better meet the increasing demand for STEM skills in tomorrow’s workforce.
Special and Market Interest Group Work
The Special and Market Interest Groups develop resources and document experiences for the learning engineering community. Everyone is welcome to join any SIG or MIG.
- Design: The Design for Learning SIG is looking at designing and implementing across levels and populations. No meeting scheduled for June.
- Instrumentation: The Tools SIG is documenting use cases and data descriptions for learning experiences. Share ideas about learning data on Thursday, June 23rd at 2pm ET. Meeting link is in the Agenda and Meeting Notes.
- Corporate: Corporate MIG (market interest group) works with L&D community on how to adapt the learning engineering process. The SIG will meet on Friday, June 24th at 11am ET. Please contact SIG Chair for more information.
- Higher Education: Higher Education MIG (market interest group) explore themes of learning engineering in a higher education context. No meeting scheduled for July.
- Competencies: The Competencies, Curriculum, and Credentials SIG is planning to develop competencies on learning design and worked on data science tasks for learning engineers. No meeting scheduled for June.
We look forward to seeing you at the community call on June 15th with Sree Sankaranarayanan, a Research Scientist in Human and Machine Learning at Amazon, and in-person at the conference in July.